[windows2000] windows 03 dc's drop connections to other dc

  • From: "joe haines" <joe.haines@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:36:13 -0400

hello,

We have a 2k03 network that consists of:

one domain with one site
we have 2 physical locations connected via 3 mb wan connection. A dc at each
location that functions as a global catalog , dns and dhcp.  We are currently
experiencing sporadic dropped connections between the dc's  in each location.
(cant ping other dc ..let alone replicate). We can ping other member servers
and client machines from the dc's. It just seems that dcs stop communicating. A
reboot of each dc seems to resolve each issue temporarily. Any ideas would be
appreciated.

thanks,

Joe