[windows2000] Re: video driver for windows 2K for Presario 7360 Help!

  • From: "Dean Theophilou" <dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 23:15:51 -0800

I hate to say this, but perhaps they never made such a driver (and if you
can't find a driver on their own Web site, then it is HIGHLY unlikely that
you will anywhere else).  My experience with Presarios (and most, if not
all, computers that are pre-built) is that you have very limited upgrade
options.  I found this out the hard way many years ago with my NEC.

I no longer purchase any computer that is pre-built, but rather go down to
my local computer shop and have them build one to my specifications.  The
cool thing about designing your own computer is that, in the long run,
you'll spend far less money for a powerful computer.

As a network consultant, I always make it clear to my clients that although
buying pre-built computers is less expensive, they will most likely need to
buy another one if new software or hardware that comes out has greater
minimum requirements (e.g., going from a PCI video card to an AGP video
card, or from Windows 98 to 2000, etc.).

Of course, most of my clients don't have a problem with this because you can
get a decent computer that costs only $500.00; and since they ordinarily
need such a computer only to do a few simple tasks (such as e-mail, word
processing, etc.), they don't have a problem with the upgrade limitations of
pre-built computers.

At any rate, keep looking; you might get lucky.

Dean

you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by e-mail reply to dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and then delete
the message.