[windows2000] Re: usrmgr - cannot find dc RESOLVED

  • From: "slymax" <groups@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:22:20 -0400

I had it pointing to our main WINS server, but decided to try and
install WINS on it to see if that helped.

Anyway, the problem is resolved.  After looking over Daniel E's post
again, I went back the computer and found that it actually thought it
was the BDC.  That's very strange, this is a test PC we've been
restoring from an image just about every day for a few weeks now, and it
has not run into any problems before.  I promoted it to PDC and
everything works fine.

Thank you everyone for your help!