[windows2000] Re: pls. read.

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:14:46 +0100

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:02:56 +0800, Gre Taguran wrote:

>i have a program and my boss have some hard requirements. it should run in
>windows 2000 it should not be killed (but do not
>use any hack like disabling ctrl+alt+del, or hiding it from the task
>manager). what he suggest is it should run as
>administrator as a service so that ordinary users would not able to kill it
>just like what linux does. the problem is i
>already make it run as service but:
>
>1st thing i tried is i maked it log in as localsystem and ordinary users
>ofcourse was able to kill it.
>2nd is i make it run in administrator so that others would not be able to
>kill it BUT the problem is other users would not able to see or
>       execute this service...
>
>guys do you have any idea how we can able to run it in windows 2000 but
>cannot be killed by other users... pls reply...

If it already runs as a service, and its startup mode is set to
automatic, the app will restart every time it's killed no matter
what.

Isn't this good enough for your situation/app?

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# Help! My keyboard is
stuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk