[windows2000] net use lpt1 \\zeus\hplaserj /persistent:yes

  • From: "Eduardo Freitas" <eduardofreitas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:08:38 -0300

Hi guys...

Just wondering if anyone has any clue about that net use problem I was
having. I have to get it done quickly as the person that is going to use the
machine is going to arrive tomorrow. Im pretty desperate over here! : (

Just so you guys can recall:

net use lpt1: \\zeus\hplaserj /persisent:yes

I try that as admin it works fine.
When I capture on windows 98/95 and point lpt1 to that it also works fine.
Problem is when I try as a user in the domain. It asks me for a password and
a login and no matter what I try it does not work. I tried with /user and
nothing as well...
I tried giving writing access to some of the registry but to no avail. Any
one knows how can I change the status of the user on the local machine to a
local admin? Not on the domain, but on the desktop he is logged in under.
Then if it still does not work at least Ill know that the problem must be
something in the domain even though it WORKS FOR 95/98 with no problems! :(

Thanks for the patience guys!

Regards,

Eduardo Herrmann de Freitas