[windows2000] Re: net time and logon script

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:00:26 -0400

Time sync is crucial for domain controllers.  It is a "good thing" for other
PCs, as the clocks will drift, but you can live without it in most cases.
But rather than remove them, you should probably look into the problem and
fix it.

Not having a typical PC reasonably in sync is an issue when file date
comparisons against a server copy is needed, such as might be the case with
source control or sharepoint (or maybe DFS?).  Or if users show up late for
meetings.