[windows2000] Re: can't delete domain

  • From: "Ibrahim, Mustafa" <Mustafa.Ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:37:35 -0400

Sounds like the previous DC hosting that domain was not demoted properly. To
get rid of this rogue domain you need to clean up the AD metadata by using the
NTDSUTIL.  The term for this is "Orphaned Domain" for step by step instructions
try the following KB article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q230306

Good luck mate