[windows2000] back to win2000 problems

  • From: Errol & Estelle Sapir <errol@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 11:40:31 +0200

Hi All
I have two servers with different domains, running totally independently. The one is Win2000 and the other NT4. They are connected physically by an unmanaged switch. I want to have the 2000 server run the corporate AV program and the NT4 be a repository for the AV. For some reason the NT won't allow the 2000 server to connect to it.
I have tried giving the 2000 administrator rights on the NT. Still nothing. Could it have to do with the fact that the NT is a PDC and I should make it a BDC for this activity?
By the way I have a third Domain on another NT4 server and there their is NO problem. Weird.
Any other ideas?

TIA
Errol