[windows2000] Re: activity!!

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:53:42 -0800 (PST)

I've got the utility you need and want then it is called 2xExplorer.  Open
multiple folders drives etc. This is my favorite explorer replacement:

  http://www.snapfiles.com/get/2xexplorer.html

  Jim Kenzig

"Richard F. Strait" <rfstrait@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
      I was on W3.1 on a 486 in 1989! I have no trouble with 2000 for basic
tasks! I just like to wring all I can out of it! When referring to Folder and
file concepts, I was commenting on the creation of things like "My Documents,
recyle bin" etc. I like to create my own organization and not be driven by
someone else's concepts! I miss the good ole "XTREE" where could sort and split
screens to make sure I didn't have duplicate files. Of course that was preGUI!
Editing of text files is a pain! I was used to Qedit where I could sort, block
columns, etc. for specialized documents. PDF files are a pain, I have one on
the computer now which I am unable to print in the format that I would like! It
is defined as a landscape document and I want it to be in portrait format. I
use a program called Clickbook that allows me to create 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 booklets,
on both sides and PDFs are complex to print with it. One shouldn't have to go
to classes. I am not of the opinion that each interat
 ion of
 Windows is an improvement! I'm not about to shell out Boo Coo shillings to be
able to edit PDF files. Also locking a system into having to have it online all
the time is crock. Not everyone can afford DSL, etc.

  Just a humble opinion of a retired Computer Systems analyst who defined
criteria for data entry software for the military! It's nice to find someplace
where I can express my thoughts! Anyhoo I'm fumbling along.

  Cheers,

Jim Kenzig
CEO The Kenzig Group
http://www.kenzig.com