[windows2000] Re: Zeroing out a hard drive

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:52:20 +0200

Ray Costanzo <> scribbled on Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:29 PM:

Admirable that somebody might want to actually do this!

Dban is the way to go. Be aware that it might take a while to wipe it using
the standard wipe, the DoD one. A simple one-pass wipe will take about one
hour, depending on how fast the hd is.

See http://dban.sourceforge.net/. Download the iso and burn it to a cd and
boot from it. Voilá. And, it's free too! 8-D

HTH.