[windows2000] Re: Would like to understand ISA Server and the clients better

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:06:38 -0500

When you install ISA server on the Windows 2000 Server, it creates the ISA
server client setup software automatically.

On my server the client is installed in the
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\CLIENTS
folder and is shared as with the share name of
mspclnt

I believe this was all done by the installation program.
You can either run setup.exe in the clients folder or you can use group
policy to install the client.  In that case you would point the group policy
to the MS_FWC.MSI file (MSI installer package for the microsoft firewall
client.

This client is backward compatible with the old MS Proxy server and the old
MS Proxy client works with the new ISA server.

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax    (952) 402-9815