[windows2000] Re: Windows Server 2003 upgrade

  • From: Neil Bullock <n.bullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:19:54 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Looking at the event log, it looks like the computer browser service
bombed out when I stopped the Server service (as the KB article told me
to), and took lots of dependent services with it, which I didn't notice
at the time.

If that hadn't happened, the MS fix would probably have worked without
the reboot.  The underlying problem that started this thread seems to
have been something to do with SMB signing (though I didn't actually
set anything one way or the other).

Thanks for your help anyway :)

Neil

//support.