[windows2000] Re: Windows Desktop Search??

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:39:52 +0200

Sullivan, Glenn <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:41 PM:

Internal uni WUS-server. According to central it-support here, this was not
supposed to happen (it was rolled out as a new application, something that
should not happen), ie be automatically okayed by the WUS and rolled out to
all machines university-wide... We're waiting for an explanation from MS
Sweden on what went wrong.

We can't have unknown indexers autoinstall when they shouldn't, and that index
and potentielly upload secret and/or sensitive docs to Redmond or wherever the
servers are located. After all, we're doing basic research here and it might
be interesting for a 3rd party to snoop into and get a leg forward so to
speak. See my concern?