[windows2000] Windows 2000 folder access

  • From: "Jim Polakowski" <jpolakowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:35:41 -0600

How can I setup my folder rights so that users do not see a folder that
they do not have rights to read?  I have a shared folder with many
folders in it.  Various user groups have access to various folders
within the shared folder.  In Novell there is an easy way to set
permissions so that If a particular user had access to four of the 50
folders they would only see those four folders in the shared folder.  In
Windows 2000 that user can see all 50 folders but gets an access denied
message if he clicks any of the 46 other folders.  Help.

Jim Polakowski
FSC, Inc.
(612) 623-9055 cell (612) 991-1711