[windows2000] Re: Windows 2000 domain disaster recovery

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:11:41 +0100

windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <> wrote on :

Yikes! Porn for it-geeks. 8-)

Actually the backups at home is the weak spot. I have no way of backing up
all that stuff, except for the volume shadow copy feature the two servers. I
don't like to depend on a single backup strategy. It has worked fine though,
ever since it was introduced in win2k3, and has admittedly saved me on a few
occasions, but I'd really like to have either a tape robot or some sort of
NAS. Too expensive though here in Sweden, even used.

Are used tape drives at all a recomended buy, if you can't afford a new one?

<sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>