[windows2000] WinXP HE / Explorer.exe

  • From: Cristian Costea <cristian.costea@xxxxxx>
  • To: Win2K Group <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:07:39 +0200

Hi all,
I know this may be not the right place to ask, but there are people
around which might have some ideas on this ... One of our employes has
its own HP XE3 notebook with Win XP HE SP1 and IE6 SP1. Now, few days
ago this notebook started to do this: whenever I try to open a folder,
my comp., control panel, IE or anything that requires explorer all I
can see is a desktop refresh and an this logged in Event Log /
Application:
"Source Winlogon"
"Event_ID 1002"
"The shell stopped unexpectedly and Exploere.exe was restarted"
I've searched the web blah blah, nothing found. Only this particular
thing, it doesn't behave as I said in Safe Mode, stopped services one
by one until it became unusable, removed late installed software,
reinstalled IE6 SP1 and then XP SP1. No help.
What should I do next, except a fresh install?
Regards, Chris