[windows2000] Win XP SP1 intall via RIS -- client install hangs!

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:54:19 -0700

Has anyone had success installing Win XP SP1 thru RIS? Wanted to know
whether it's a problem of SP1 or just me (I did everything "by the
book").

My Windows 2000 Server has SP3 and the RIS update (Q313069) applied.

RIS client installation works fine when the image was created for Win XP
alone (no SP1).  However, when the XP image was created from a source
with SP1 "slipstreamed" into it, the RIS client hangs during the "Setup
is starting Windows" screen while installing to a new computer.

Heeeelp!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Alfonso