[windows2000] Re: Why are users getting DNS error messages?

  • From: "Ray at work" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:47:20 -0500

I'm able to resolve that domain and access the site without problem.
What recently changed?  Did you change hosts?  Did someone forget to
renew the domain?  Did you change nameservers?

As far as being able to access the site internally, that's probably
because that domain is defined within your own internal DNS, I'd
imagine.

Hmmm, this is odd:
(http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=dnsrec&Netnic=whois.arin.net&;
host=amci.unm.edu)
query from dns.consumer.net to get an authoritative nameserver

No nameserver record found

You have no nameservers defined for this domain?  I'm going to assume
that you used to have nameservers defined, like,
ns1.yourhostingcompany.com, ns2.yourhostingcompany.com.  You may want to
check with your registrar's online tools and [re]enter those
nameservers.

Ray at work