[windows2000] Re: What would happen if Exchangewereuninstalledfrom our network

  • From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:14:52 -0400

Where I work (bank), there are quite a few non-MS systems.  All of our core
critical data is on an AS/400, and I don't think that Microsoft will be able
to compete with OS/400 & DB/2 for quite some time.  Sure, maybe Data Center
could be just as powerful, but the reputation IBM has with their 400s will
take a REALLY long time to chip into.  If someone were to say tomorrow that
we were going to build a mega-server with Data Center to replace the 400,
I'd be the first one to oppose it.

We're also in the process of setting up a secure FTP server.  For that, I
think Linux is a better solution, but the reality of it is that no one knows
Linux, so we went with Windows.

And let's not forget about OS/2 for ATMs and voice response systems!  [:

Ray at home