[windows2000] Re: Web enabled Domain Password Tool

  • From: Aaron Dokey <adokey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:28:29 -0400

Larry,

I'm trying to get my brain back on track after the holiday, man is that
rough! :)

it's running under the default non-privileged IUSR account.  A requirement
for this to work is http authentication, you must have your users
authenticating to the website via either NTLM or plain (w/ SSL preferably)
auth.  Once they're authenticated the user name is pulled from the CGI
variables, and the user is prompted for their current and new passwords.
The username and current password are used to change the password.  I
believe for this to work you have to have "Allow user to change password
without logging on" enabled in your domain policy.  I'm running an NT4
domain here, so I am not sure what the properties are for active directory.

It looks like my attachments didn't go through to the list before, if you'd
like the scripts I can email them to you directly.  It's all pretty simple,
it's under 200 lines of perl script.

-Aaron

Aaron Dokey - MIS
Reid Tool Supply