[windows2000] Re: WSUS Headache

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 02:04:31 -0700 (PDT)

The computers are very visible in the computers section of WSUS, and I have
gone as far as creating groups based on location and moving the computers into
the appropriate groups. I can also see that the clients are reporting back ok.
So communication does not appear to be the problem, and from what I can see the
GPO has been setup properly, as recommended in WSUS documentaion.

My problem is that there are updates that I have approved long ago, and they
are still showing up as Install under the approval tab, and Needed under the
status tab. My concern is where to look to find out why the updates are failing.

Thanks

Dave

"Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you see the computers in the computers section of the WSUS console?

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

---------------------------------
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave stevens
Posted At: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:09 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: WSUS Headache
Subject: [windows2000] Re: WSUS Headache

Yes I have.

Initially I had it set to 4: auto download and schedule intall. The scheduled
time has past and nothing has happned. I have now put it to option 3: auto
download and notify for install.

Thanks

Dave

"Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you set up a Group Policy so your computers know they should update from
your WSUS server?

I am still using SUS but I think you still need the policy. It is located in:

Computer Configuration
    Administrative Templates
        Windows Components
            Windows Update