[windows2000] WMI-scripting on win2k/xp

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:10:44 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to get Sysinternals Bginfo to display the motherboard
name using a custom field, but it only returns the name
"Motherboard".

Same thing happens when I try running a similar script (from
scriptomatic), Win32_MotherboardDevice.

Is this by design, or just the particular mobos I have here??

Same thing happens whether I use win2k, xp or 2k3.

I checked the mobo name with Cpu-Z and this applet can properly
display the brand and model, and I assume it gets this from the
registry somewhere, so why should Bginfo and scriptomatic.

Any ideas?

TIA.

BW,

Sorin