[windows2000] Re: W2K IIS Server two years no reboot

  • From: "Nail, Larry" <lnail@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:46:46 -0600

Question is, how secure are these boxes?

From:  http://www.netcraft.com/survey/

Around the Net
Windows 2000 site goes over two years without a reboot=20
This month is the first time that a Windows 2000 site has appeared in the
50 top sites which have the longest period of time since last reboot.
www.byteandswitch.com has been running continuously since November 2000.
When we first started graphing web servers uptime in the summer of 2000,
many people were skeptical that a Windows machine would ever make the top
50. Perceptions change, and although two years is exceptional, several
Windows 2000 sites have run for more than a year without a reboot. In the
hosting industry, Microsoft partners Interliant and Divine each have sites
that have not been rebooted in over a year, while Microsoft has also run
several of its own sites for over a year between reboots. =20

Good job W2K!  I guess that machine must not be running any service packs.
?=20

Ray at work

www.mimesweeper.com