[windows2000] Virtual Server 2005 and duplicate SIDs

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 05:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

   A bit new to the virtual world so maybe someone can throw some light on what
I am trying to archive.

  I have a virtual network with 3 windows 2003 servers, all from 1 virtual
machine image. I have just created a domain and tried to add the other 2
servers, but it keep erroring with SID issues. I guess it sees all 3 servers
are the same even after renaming them.

  My question, is there anyway to get around this, cos I do not want to have to
reinstall a new server everytime I need a new one. I should be able to take and
image and rename it, or am I mixing things up?

  Thanks

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.