[windows2000] Re: VNC

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:31:47 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Puetz, Christoph (TH USA) [mailto:christoph.puetz@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:28 PM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] VNC

Some folks here want to use VNC for remote access to their machines (after
connecting to the network via VPN). I am concerned about security. And as I
am not that familiar with VNC - can it be locked down and controlled from an
administrative point of view?

Which version would be preferred from a security standpoint? As an example -
I see TightVNC and VNC.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Christoph