[windows2000] VISTA and IE - User permission levels

  • From: "Davey B" <db1001ster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:39:44 +0000

Question about VISTA and IE7 ....
If you are a using an administrator account for surfing the web does vista
downgrade you to a non-admin level for the purpose of surfing ?

I thought I read something about this as a "New !, Improved ! Lower TCO !,
Higher ROI !" thing that vista did for security ... but I'm reeling from too
much marketing BS.

Point is one application works on XP but fails on VISTA and I'm wondering if
there is some setting somewhere .. perhaps like the user account control
that would need tweaking. Gut feeling says this application is failing as it
can't do something a XP admin can do by default

Any suggestion ( Apart from locking my computer in a thermo-nuclear bunker
or using Gods* own choice of browser rather than Satans IE7) gleefully
received. ;->

Davey

* Insert Deity of your choice here