[windows2000] Re: Using Synchronize with SyncToy

  • From: Rob Sharp <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:01:05 +0000

You should be able to do this. I've not used SyncToy for some time, but I recall that there were a number of different relationships you could set up for a folder pair which defined their behaviour. Only some of them would delete files no longer in existence.

If you only have a small number of files you may want to look into AllWay sync, which is free up to a file limit (something like 100,000 files per month)

Rob

Sorin Srbu wrote:
Hi all,

Has anybody on this list been able to get the Microsoft SyncToy to
successfully synchronize folders?

I use it for synching my smartphones' flash card-memory to my homefolder and
it does work in the sense it copies things from the flash to the homefolder,
but it doesn't delete files from the homefolder that aren't available anymore
on the flash-card.

Anybody seen this?

FWIW, I use Synctoy v2.0.100.0 on WinXP Pro SP3.

//www.freelists.org/list/windows2000