[windows2000] Re: Upgrading to gigabit network

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:07:02 -0600

Without doing any calculations (as if I would know how) how much time
does it take to copy that same file from one hard drive on a machine to
another hard drive on that same machine. If it is significantly less
than 23 minutes then my guess is it you would benefit from a faster
network.

I know there are other things that happen to the file when you start
moving it from one hard drive and go over the network to another
computer and hard drive but if transferring it from one HD to another on
the same machine also takes about 23 minutes than I am pretty sure a
faster network will not help.

Doug