[windows2000] URGENT: Poor Terminal Server Performance

  • From: Robert Jackson <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To:
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:15:26 -0000

Hi All,

We've just recently set-up 4 Windows 2000 Adv Servers running Terminal
Services. One of the 4 is used as a DB server, the other 3 controlling
access
to an application written in SuperBase.

The problem we have is when more than one client connects to a server
to run the application, the system performance is extremely poor. The
server used to store the database is accessed by the other 3 via a network
mapped drive.

Has anyone had this problem? What can be done to resolve this issue?
Is anyone running a SuperBase application on a Terminal Server?

TIA,
Rab.
Robert Jackson                            Phone: +44 (0) 141 332 7999
Software Engineer                           Fax:  +44 (0) 141 331 2820
Walker Martyn Ltd
1 Park Circus Place                      Email:  rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glasgow G3 6AH, Scotland             Web:  http://www.walkermartyn.co.uk

The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it
by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are
Walker Martyn Ltd or any of its affiliates. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact  administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx