[windows2000] Re: Two processors as one

  • From: "Mark Mucher" <mmucher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:43:45 -0500

Ray,

I suggest he's hosing you.

If you look in Device Mangler under computer, a dual processor machine
should show a multiprocessor HAL - otherwise it says uniprocessor and you
need to replace the HAL.

Another option is in Task Manager - view/CPU history/one graph per CPU.

One or the other is wrong if it's a dual processor machine showing only one
graph.

That being said, I'm not familiar with "bridging" - I may learn something
here!

Re: licensing - I'd open them up and count the processors.  I don't think
that "bridging", if it exists, allows you to get around a per processor
license.  Another way to check is to look at the invoices.

Let us know...

HTH,

Mark