[windows2000] Re: Tivoli

  • From: Aaron Dokey <adokey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:22:45 -0400

(231) 777-3951
(231) 767-3772 (Direct)
-----------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Costanzo, Ray [mailto:rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 4:18 PM
To: 'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Tivoli

 - The interface is the worst thing I've ever seen and it follows zero
standards.

 - It's a java application

 - It's no longer supported by IBM

 - Although IBM owns the product, the server side of it does not run on the
latest version of OS/400 and there are no plans to change that

 - It's the only server-client application I've ever seen that performs all
the database work ON THE CLIENT (WTF?!!)

 - Software inventory doesn't recognize all software such as IBM Client
Access (and this is an IBM product - wtf?)

 - It just sucks.  It's just a horrible f-in product, and you would know
from the first time that you see it, it's going to completely suck.  It has
no understanding of how Windows works.  It was clearly some other junk
application that was (unsuccessfully) modified to work (ha) in a Windows
environment.

I don't know.  All I know is that any time I had to use it, when I finished
using it, I could not stop myself from feeling murderous rage for at least
an hour afterwards.  It's the most unproductive application I've ever seen.
God.  I could never really explain how it made me feel.  I mean, I hate a
few different things out there like Novell or whatever, but nothing comes
anywhere near the deep hatred I have for Tivoli.

Ray at work

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com