[windows2000] Re: TS users getting "You do not have access to logon to this session" error message

  • From: "Webmail" <web@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:23:58 -0400

Are their accounts set to only log them in from a certain machine? Also you
need to make sure that their settings in Users and Computers to logon to TS
is ticked...
Terminal Services Client Error Message: You Do Not Have Access to Logon to
This Session
View products that this article applies to.
SYMPTOMS
When you try to log on using the Terminal Services client, you may receive
the following error message:

Logon Message: You do not have access to logon to this session.

CAUSE
Terminal Services has a default connection security setting allows only
administrators to log on. If the security attributes on a specified
connection have not been set, the connection inherits these default security
settings. For additional information, please see the following article in
the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
225038 Default Connection Changes Are No longer Applied

If the default connection security settings do not meet your needs, you can
set custom security attributes.
RESOLUTION
To set custom Terminal Services connection permissions:
Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then
click Terminal Services Configuration.
Open the Connections folder.
Right-click the connection (RDP-TCP), and then click Properties.
On the Permissions tab, add the group(s) that needs access to this
connection.
Click OK.
STATUS
This behavior is by design.

And this from the Citrix KB
1. Verify the ICA-TCP connection permissions for the user or group receiving
the error message. To set custom Terminal Services connection permissions:

1. Click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools and then Terminal Services
Configuration.

2. Open the Connections folder.

3. Right-click the connection (ICA-TCP) and then click Properties.

4. On the Permissions tab, add the group(s) that needs access to this
connection.

5. Click OK.

Please reference MicroSoft TechNet article Q244395 for additional
information.

2. Verify that other users in the same group can access the published
application.

3. Isolate the application to a single server, Create and test with a brand
new domain and local server account.

4. Does Published Application Manager, appcfg.exe, or the Citrix Management
Console enumerate and display the group and users accounts properly?

5. This issue may occur when trying to use a dynamic local user (DLU) policy
enabled on NDS user accounts in a domain and the application is published
from a Netware Drive. See Novell TID 10023644 for additional information.

JK