[windows2000] Re: Something better than remote desktops snap-in

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:14:19 +0200

Ray Costanzo <> scribbled on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:05 PM:

> I cannot remember the name of some small freeware product that I used a few
> years back that was similar to the remote desktops snapin for the MMC, but
> better.  Any ideas?  I just installed the latest (only?) version of this
> snapin, and still no support for alternate ports.  Weak!

When I can't use RDP, or the TS-server on the other end is flakey, I use
Gencontrol. No server req'd on the other side. Gencontrol is based on RealVNC.
See http://www.gensortium.com/products/gencontrol.html. It's GPL:ed too. 8-)

Hope your goat gets fine with Gencontrol. 8-)