[windows2000] Re: "Some" KB Articles on Windows Vista .... upgrade nightmare ...

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:03:30 -0500

Well I do like living onthe edge... but if I can't get the darn thing to
install (and I'm supposed to know what I am doing) how in the world do they
expect the common man to be able to it?   It appears that if I really want
it on my current machine that I'll need to go out and get a better video
card. (probably around $100 us) For that much and the grief I could probably
just spend a couple hundred more and and buy a Dell with it preloaded.
JK

On 2/1/07, Phillip Newberry <phillip_.com> wrote:

No kidding.  You could get Vista now, but why would
you unless you like living on the bleeding edge.

--- "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@>
wrote:

> Don't you just miss the good old days when the rule
> of thumb was to wait
> for sp1? <grin> :-) Too bad they got up to SP4 on
> W2k before they almost
> got things right. :-O
>

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:50:11 -0500, "Jim Kenzig
> ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> took time to say
> the following:
>
> (^_^)Man oh man... I tried to do an upgrade on my
> computer last night to my new
> (^_^)shiny version of Vista I got for free for
> watching some MSN videos.  It gets
> (^_^)all the way through the installation upgrade
> (which took a couple of hours..
> (^_^)a clean install takes about 15 minutes) and
> then when it gets to the final
> (^_^)step of finalizing settings the computer
> freezes with a blue line down the
> (^_^)middle of the screen and just sits there.
>

> Too many people spend money they haven't earned to
> buy things they don't want, to impress people they
> don't like.
> -Will Rogers

> http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

Phil Newberry
Computer Network Engineer Consultant
MCSE NT&2000, MCP+IIS CNA, CAN

Your destiny is in your hands.  Just do it.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
http://www.thinhelp.com