[windows2000] Re: Small voltage output from a computer?

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:14:12 +0000 (GMT)

You're joking right ?

If not then you could always use either CTS or RTS and GND (on a COM port)
hooked to a relay to up the voltage (plus you'll need to write the code to turn
it on/off), or you could just hook up a sound card and speakers - sample the
sound the bell makes then just play it back !!!!!

 jmeadows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all

Is there anyway to get a small voltage output from a computer?

We are wanting a PC to activate our works 'buzzer' when it is time to start
and finish work. The system we have in place at the moment can't
synchronize it's time with our PC's. We are wanting a PC to activate the
buzzer when the time is right, this requires a small voltage output.

I think I read somewhere that COM1 will give a voltage output but I'm not
too sure how to activate it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan Meadows