[windows2000] Slow Domain Logons

  • From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HELP (E-mail)" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:52:47 -0500

I'm starting a new thread because profiles has nothing to do with my problem.

It takes up to 3 minutes for my users to logon to a Terminal Server from a
workstation within the domain.  If I remove their workstation from the domain
the logon will take 8 seconds.

I'm using Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 but I don't think this is a Citrix issue.  My
domain is Windows 2000 Active Directory which I think is where we will find the
solution.  Also, I am open to ideas of this being a router or firewall issue.
I can't pin point the date this stuff started happening but I do know we have
done a lot of Firewall/Router work in the past few months.  Has anyone ever
experience this?  If so how do I go about fixing it?

Gunnar