[windows2000] Sites and services question

  • From: "Etts, Russell" <retts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Exchange2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:53:38 -0500

Hi All

I have a question I hope someone can help me with (sorry for the cross
post)...

In active directory sites and services, I have the default first site
along with my 50 other sites.  In the default first site are the servers
for the root domain.  However, the IP subnet references Woodbury (the
physical location where the two root servers reside).  How can I resolve
this?  There are three ways that I can see doing this....

1) Rename the default first site to Woodbury.  Take all the servers from
the current Woodbury site and move them to the new Woodbury site.
Delete the old Woodbury site (something tells me this is just asking for
trouble - especially when it comes to Exchange)

2) Move the servers in the default first site into Woodbury.  That seems
clean enough, since there are no Exchange servers there, but will all
the site connectors recreate themselves, or should I manually recreate
them?

3) Someone has a better way to do this..

If there is more information needed, please let me know and I'll provide
whatever info is needed.

Thanks in advance

Russell