[windows2000] Re: Serial numbers in RIS answer files?

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:35:15 -0500

Yes.

It has to be from a software package that is for a open license pack and not
OEM software.

The only thing I have to enter is the local Administrator password.

You can even add third party (OEM) drivers for network adaptors and video
and audio that are not on the original Microsoft OS CD.

There are several good White Papers and help files on the Microsoft site.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;250985&Product=win20
00 explains how to enter the product key in the unattend.txt file (answer
file).

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258868&Product=win20
00
How to include the service pack in the RIS image.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246184&Product=win20
00
OEM drivers

Douglas Jensen