[windows2000] Re: Secure content with IIS question

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:48:23 -0500

Even cached accounts should work... a cached login essentially just
presents the logon tokens that have been stored on the local machine in
response to domain requests.

What do the IIS logs say about these requests?  Do they show the
username info?

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fowler, Mathew
Posted At: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:25 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: Secure content with IIS question
Subject: [windows2000] Secure content with IIS question

We have an Intranet that is secure to the degree that users have to
authenticate with their Windows 2000 Active Directory account
information. Users log into our Portal and then certain links are
protected by AD security.

The problem people are having is when they try to use their standard
work laptop from off campus to access these links. If they are logged
into the laptop with a cached AD account, IE does not prompt them to
authenticate and thus does not show them the information. We have it set
that if they are on campus, it does not prompt them, but automatically
authenticates them. When they are off campus, they are not authenticated
to the domain, but IE seems to think they are!!

Any help?

Matt Fowler

Manager of Technical Services

Black Hawk College