[windows2000] Scripting question

  • From: "Puetz, Christoph" <christoph.puetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:46:15 -0700

And my second question for the day ;-)

I am running a process that creates a file based on the current date. The
date of course always changes in the file name, while the other part of the
file name never changes. (e.g. 2004-03-30.filename.txt)  I'd like to move
the file on a daily base to a different directory.

Now I am running into problems with how to do that. Is there a way to tell a
script to use today's date' as part of the file name when moving the file? I
am not really a good scripting person - so, any kind of help would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Christoph