[windows2000] SV: Re: SUS Question

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:32:09 +0200

You can install the SUS Klient on any 2000/XP computer, regardless of
SP.
It ships with an MSI wich is ready to be publishd to a computer trough
AD.

I use this and it works great, if a computer has a low SP, the client
installs, and the first thing it downloads, is the latest SP.

Mvh
Svein Arild

  _____

        From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Beckett
        Posted At: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:39 AM
        Posted To: Windows 2000
        Conversation: [windows2000] SUS Question
        Subject: [windows2000] SUS Question

        Have not used SUS, so my question is....can updates/patches be
pushed down from a 2000 server to ANY pc on the same subnet or does the
workstation have to be part of the domain. We have alot of Win98
machines that aren't in the domain as they are used mainly as dumb
terminals to connect to our Citrix boxes.