[windows2000] Re: SUS Question

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:59:42 -0700

I certainly agree Glenn.

Just to add a little bit more to this topic.

Check out http://www.susserver.com/

This site is a great resource for folks who are setting up thier first
SUS environment or who are looking to get a bit more out of the default
installation by including 3rd party scripts and add-ons.

They have a good forums section also. http://forums.susserver.com/

HTH

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Hathaway
Posted At: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 2:30 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: SUS Question

FYI - The minimum supported OS for SUS services is windows 2000 Pro w/
SP 2 installed, as well as the Automatted update services client.

So, if you have machines w/ just Win2k Pro SP2, you'll need to download
and install this to them before they will be able to use an SUS server.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended/susclient/def
ault.asp

HTH

________________________________

        From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Beckett
        Posted At: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:39 AM
        Posted To: Windows 2000
        Conversation: [windows2000] SUS Question
        Subject: [windows2000] SUS Question

        Have not used SUS, so my question is....can updates/patches be
pushed down from a 2000 server to ANY pc on the same subnet or does the
workstation have to be part of the domain. We have alot of Win98
machines that aren't in the domain as they are used mainly as dumb
terminals to connect to our Citrix boxes.