[windows2000] Re: SUS Question

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:34:06 -0400

GPO deploy it...

Or, for gods sake, update to SP4!

Actually, GPO deploy the AUC, and then SUS deploy SP4.

(Since deploying SP's via Group Policy is frowned upon, for some reason)

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Hathaway
Posted At: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 2:30 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: SUS Question
Subject: [windows2000] Re: SUS Question

FYI - The minimum supported OS for SUS services is windows 2000 Pro w/
SP 2 installed, as well as the Automatted update services client.

So, if you have machines w/ just Win2k Pro SP2, you'll need to download
and install this to them before they will be able to use an SUS server.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended/susclient/def
ault.asp

HTH

________________________________

        From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Beckett
        Posted At: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:39 AM
        Posted To: Windows 2000
        Conversation: [windows2000] SUS Question
        Subject: [windows2000] SUS Question

        Have not used SUS, so my question is....can updates/patches be
pushed down from a 2000 server to ANY pc on the same subnet or does the
workstation have to be part of the domain. We have alot of Win98
machines that aren't in the domain as they are used mainly as dumb
terminals to connect to our Citrix boxes.