[windows2000] Resubneting

  • From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HELP (E-mail)" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:28:18 -0500

I just changed every subnet on my network.  Now I'm having a problem with
people from one domain getting access to servers on the other domain.  But it
isn't a domain issue because the same problem exists for people in the same
domain that are running Win98.  If I try to access one server it just straight
up doesn't work from Win98 or across a domain.  I'm about positive this is a
WINS issue but I don't understand why 2000 would be using WINS to resolve.

More detail:
Win2k machine on Domain2 trying to access server1 on Domain1 when I ping,
server1.domain1.com I get proper responce 192.168.1.20, when I ping server1 I
get improper responce 192.168.0.20.  This is the old IP address.  I don't
remember how to flush the arp table, I did a "arp -a" and I don't even see the
entry.

The problem is people log into the Citrix server from all domains, their
network drive is mapped, but the Citrix server won't map the network drive of a
server across the subnet.  This is a pretty major issue.

Gunnar