[windows2000] Re: Restoring a windows 2000 dc

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:49:12 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Glenn, This was what I was after. Will let you guys know who it goes.

  Ta

  Dave

"Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Install Win2K on new server, same name.
  DCPromo, some domain info.
  Reboot in Directory Services Restore Mode.
  Restore directory authoritatively, and restore SYSvol.
  reboot

  Cross fingers and Duck... ;-)

  Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

---------------------------------
  From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave stevens
Posted At: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:24 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Restoring a windows 2000 dc
Subject: [windows2000] Restoring a windows 2000 dc

  Hi Guys,

  Here is the scenario.

  1 windows 2000 dc, just crashed beyond repair.
  Got good backups

  How do I get the domain up and running again. There was only one DC in the
domain.

  Anyone got steps. We are running this through as part of our disaster
recovery plan.

  Ta

  Dave

countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.