[windows2000] Re: Removing unneeded files off of the C drive

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:03:07 -0700

From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
In preparation for installing the .NET Framework 1.1 onto a new server, I
need to also install it onto my edge server.  The edge server is getting
rather low in disk space, so I am looking to see what I can safely remove
from it.  Is it safe to delete any of those folders and contents under
C:\WinNT\$NtUninstallKBnnnnnn$ or C:\WinNT\$NtUninstallQnnnnnn$ folders?

If you're not sure what to remove, perhaps you should consider just compressing some stuff?

Unfortunately, the C drive is already compressed.

Hmm, well you could buy a bigger drive, transfer it using image software then expand it using something like partition magic, or just add two drives and make everything a dynamic software raid-5 array.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Conciousness: that annoying time between naps."

Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus