[windows2000] Re: Removing contents of a directory

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:25:01 +0100

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 00:01:10 -0500, Sullivan, Glenn wrote:

>Combine the FOR command and the DIR command.
>
>DIR <directory> /b /s /a-d
>
>Lists a given directory and all subdirectories, with no headers or other
>crap... just the full path and filename.
>
>Throw that into a for /f statement, and you get:
>
>FOR /f %i in ('dir <directory> /b /s /a-d') do del /f "%i"
>
>Change the "del /f" to "echo" or "del /p" if you just want to test.
>
>And if you want it in a .cmd file, you would need to double up the percent
>signs, like so:
>
>FOR /f %%i in ('dir <directory> /b /s /a-d') do del /f "%%i"

Doesn't "deltree" handle UNC-pathways?

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: CPU-angle has to be adjusted because of
vibrations coming from the nearby road