[windows2000] Re: Remote Desktop

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:51:58 +0100

Radmin is ok for client-to-client connections, but since the recent
years' trojan backdoors using Radmin to open up a computer, I've
more or less refrained from using it. Same thing for VNC (all
flavours).

Currently I use Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing for intra-domain
client-to-client connections in support issues.

Remote assistance is of no use over here, since we run largely
win2k. WinXP will most probably never happen on our department,
except for the occasional admin workstation. 8-)

HTH.

--Original Message Text---
From: Freitas, Eduardo
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:40:59 -0600

Terminal Services only work to connect to Windows Server. You
should use Terminal Services, which have 2 free connections (I
believe) if you use administration mode anyways.

If you are trying to connect from the server to a workstation I
believe remote desktop is the only tool besides using third party
softwares but I never tried running it from the server.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: Your computer's union contract is set to
expire at midnight.