[windows2000] Re: Remote Desktop

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:52:36 -0500

WinXP only supports one session at a time, so there's no way for both of
you to log on.

But seriously, Jim hit the nail on the head.  Make your users regular
users, not power users, and use FileMon and RegMon to determine where
the rights need to be granted for your software.

Then they won't be able to log you off.

The only other thing I can think of would be to temporarily change the
Local System policy for "Log On Locally" to only include admins while
you are patching, but I'm not sure that's practical.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.