[windows2000] Re: Remote Backup Solutions

  • From: Dave Flaim <thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 11:09:57 -0500

What if I want to create my own internal EVault type solution? Any recommendations?

Thanks
Dave

At 10:06 PM 12/8/2006, Gary wrote:
Hey How you doing?
Depending on your budget there are many options available.
RoboCopy works great for file sync and your small remote locations. It is
included in the Windows server versions etc... You need to install
rsktool.kit which includes Robcopy and other tools.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=9D46
7A69-57FF-4AE7-96EE-B18C4790CFFD.

Sonic wall and Veritas offer many solutions so research these.

If your looking for a offsite 3rd party solution EVault has an excellent
reputation.
Later Gary